ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got caught in our first bad rain here in Sac Sunday. I got trapped on several of our poorly-draining streets. I was fording 8 inches of river several times just to get home. Now my drivers floorboards (with their brand new carpet and padding) are soaked. The windshield and firewall/cowl doe not leak, and I don't have rusty floorpans or frame rails, must be coming through in the transmission tunnel somewhere. Glad I used all that di-electric grease.

steve 77

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Re: Towel!

Do yourself a favor, before the carpet and padding get a chance to get moldy, if you can, remove the carpet and the padding and clamp them up so they hang vertically and let the water drip out.

At that time, with the floorboard metal visible, check the drain plugs there and under your seat. You might also check the metal seams, could be that one of them is slightly separated. Last item to check is underneath the inside rocker panel cover, could be that it's leaking up through the seam underneath the body.

Hope it dries soon.

FWIW

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: Towel!

I was in that rain too. Thank god I have a Suburban to drive around on days like that. Tere is only one problem. I almost slid over a Toyota.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i live in sac too i was in terror when the rain came down......my 81 non turbo is a little lower than stock (thanks to 15 inch rims and lo pro tires :) and i am very glad that mosy of my seals are still in decent condition mail me if u want to have a z meeting sometime :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.