ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems that those little pins that need to be pushed in to release the clips holding the interior trim in place always eventually fall inside a cavity between the trim and body...so there goes another little pin...and how many Z's are running about with lose/rattling intetrior trims too many i would guess....so the answer is find an old plastic model kit..Revell ect ect..and cut pins out of the plastic "spiders" that hold all the parts together..they are the same shape(circular) and thickness..and normally coloured black...cheers all Aussie Pete/Australia...yep we all read this list down under as well...Gidd aye Mates

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
AussiePete wrote:
-------------------------------
it seems that those little pins that need to be pushed in to release the clips holding the interior trim in place always eventually fall inside a cavity between the trim and body...so there goes another little pin...and how many Z's are running about with lose/rattling intetrior trims too many i would guess....so the answer is find an old plastic model kit..Revell ect ect..and cut pins out of the plastic "spiders" that hold all the parts together..they are the same shape(circular) and thickness..and normally coloured black...cheers all Aussie Pete/Australia...yep we all read this list down under as well...Gidd aye Mates

I've also gone down to the local hobby store and bought a piece of black plastic rod and cut my own. In really hard times I have been known to use a wooden dowel rod. A black magic marker takes care of the wood after installation. I might use the wooden rods again so I can temporarily install my interior. I know I'll be pulling it out again to finish the wiring, but I hate leaving all that plastic laying around just begging to get stepped on.
greg
71 240z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.