ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a message to the moderators on this site. Tony D in particular. I mean no offense but I was simply looking for some info. Please don't close my threads when I have tried all other options before resorting to asking others on here. The least you can do is leave it up for more than a day. Some people may not give a crap about the search option and just like talking cars. Give them a chance to respond to my question before you label me as a "Newb" and shut down my thread.

Evidentally I'm missing something. I was under the impression that this was a community based on the love and appreciation of this amazing car. And I thought that this was somewhere I could get some help in keeping mine on the road. In the same amount of time that it took you to type up your sagelike advice. I'm sure that you could have just as easily recommended a book or website that may be able to point me in the right direction. As far as "spoon feeding me information" goes. I thought that this place was welcoming to newcomers but I obviously was mistaken. As far as I knew the only way to find answers was to search or ask questions. When searching failed I resorted to asking for help in what I though was a place for "general discussion" on the Datsun. My deepest apologies for not having the knowledge that you seem to think I should posess, But knowledge is learned and wisdom is earned. I will try my luck with finding some "Help" somewhere else.

Oh, and by the way, any man who is going to be in a position of leadership should read the book Sun Tsu's Art of War. There is a reason military Generals have it on there nightstand. Take some notes keyboard cowboy. Then you can talk to me about leadership.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Before this is closed, I'll comment that it's rude to raise questions that have been answered multiple times. Search before asking...doing otherwise is rude in any forum, anywhere on the 'net. There's no reason anyone should waste their time recapping threads for you.

If you want to start a thread to gab, make that clear in the thread. Wisdom is indeed earned...and the OP hasn't earned wisdom yet.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
No Sir, this was addressed in a PM.
If you want to clog the search engine treating the Technical Forum as your personal Social Website responding to each and every post separately they will be consolidated to prevent the search engine from getting repetitive false hits because you want to say 'thanks, I'll try that'... Politeness is great, do it once and put your responses in ONE thread AFTER you have tried them and REPORT BACK the results.

We don't need to see you thank everybody, then come back again and say 'no that didn't work'. if you want to PM and TWEET like that, do it on this side of the forum: CAR TALK. DO NOT do it in Technical!

You have 10 whole post here, and you posted this as well as PM'ing it because apparently you feel you are ENTITLED to answers in a format YOU dictate.

It doesn't work that way. Think about OTHERS and their using of the search engine and how it's now clogged with your threads of repetition.

You TOTALLY missed the point of the thread which other board members told you about (before I came into the thread) which was:

THIS IS A 40-YEAR-OLD DESIGN, THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN. JUST BECAUSE INFORMATION IS SEVERAL YEARS OLD, DOES NOT MEAN THE APPLICABILITY OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED THEN IS IN ANY WAY INCORRECT OR HAS CHANGED IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER.

You seem to miss that fact. People politely pointed that out to you, but you didn't want to hear of it. You just KNEW there was some secret. Well there isn't. Especially not on that subject. A good example (as PM'd to you) is the "All New Camshaft Designs" which are identical to the redesign in the early 80's. And those were only slight changes from the designs of the 70's. They were not the BMW Profiles like are out there and used by many cam grinders...but engineering is engineering. Sorry kid, but them's the facts. And YOUR particular query, your particular question

IS COVERED REPEATEDLY!!!

You COULD have gotten an infraction.
You COULD have gotten a few days on the beach to think about what you were doing by not searching, and asking for spoonfed answers (gimmie a link....seriously? That's what GOOGLE is for kid!)

My thought is you were most offended by this comment, which is still true today: "The only way to know what YOUR car has been through is to investigate it YOURSELF. Nobody here will have a link to YOUR car's history or modifications."

You say you want to work, but in reality you don't, because that's what I told you exactly what you would have to do to know exactly what YOU wanted to know about YOUR car. Nobody here will be able to tell you about it. It's YOUR car. YOU have to do the work.

I'm closing THIS particular whine-fest now as it's been noted (again by others) that you are your own worst enemy. Think more, post less. Try it sometime.

<EDIT> 01 November 2014: Just a note for the record...once or twice daily since this happened, this bozo has PM'd me regarding the terrible deed of closing his spooner thread.

See, guys, what the board was saved from? I can see them a mile away, and this one came waving an International Orange Flag from the start!!!<EDIT>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.