ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bear with me, I just learned how to upload files to my server. This is the only picture I had handy in my camera. It's a pretty big one, about 308K. Next step will be to learn to build a webpage. I'll be setting up a file for the zcar pics of stuff I'm doing. Dual pass radiator, limited slip rear, rear disc brakes, CV shafts, nice new interior, etc. Don't expect any text data yet, though. I love showing off the car, but I need to finish it before I spend time writing about it.

greg
71 240z

zcar

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Lookin good, what's next?</b>

Your car is looking good.

What is next? are you keeping it pretty stock?

I look forward to seeing more.

Patrick Robinson

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Sweeeetttttt......Worth the wait!

Nice freaking paint job! I Like, I like!!!!
That is a sweet ride you have man....

FYI You need to resize the image to get it down to about 100K if possible. When you scan it try to keep it at 72DPI!
Nice photo though!
Mike

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: Sweeeetttttt......Worth the wait!

I know the file was to big, but I wanted to throw something up. i took a bunch of smaller pics today, with a digital camera. Pics of the rear end, various motor parts. I'll play around with it today and post some more pics tonight. Anybody who wants to throw me some advice about what programs to use to resize the pics or a simple way to build a web page is more than welcome. I just want to get some pics up so others can see what I've been working on for the past couple of years!! I'm going to play with Netscape composer a little tonight and see if I can't get something workable. Either way I'll post something. I'm not too worried about doing a professional web page right now, more worried about getting a professional looking car.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Bravo Greg

That is fine looking. It appears to be in a heated garage too. I could be mistaken though. Your Z is real nice. Give us your web page address when ready..

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Bravo Greg

Really nice! My computer guru tells me that high quality photos scanned into the computer look better than digital photos.

·
Registered
804 Posts
looks better now that its together

Looking good Greg. Looks alot better with everything on it. You got that turbo motor in there yet. I thought you were moving? BTW Those Su's I got from you are the earlier ones without water passages, but **** they made a big difference. Just one ? though. Is it me or does your air dam for a 240Z. It fits like the one I got from you, which makes a big cosmetic change for the best. You should be able to get a decent web page with the composer. I did, that should tell you something. Later, and the ride looks great.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RE: looks better now that its together

spot wrote:
-------------------------------
Looking good Greg. Looks alot better with everything on it. You got that turbo motor in there yet. I thought you were moving? BTW Those Su's I got from you are the earlier ones without water passages, but **** they made a big difference. Just one ? though. Is it me or does your air dam for a 240Z. It fits like the one I got from you, which makes a big cosmetic change for the best. You should be able to get a decent web page with the composer. I did, that should tell you something. Later, and the ride looks great.

I've been back and forth from Illinois to Texas almost every weekend since January. I'm back in Texas now, Quit that job, couldn't handle the travelling among other things. What's the airdam question? Mine came from motorsport Auto. It's for a 240, with the little vents. urethane, not fiberglass.
greg
71 240z (now with pictures)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Sweeeetttttt......Worth the wait!

Greg......very nice car! Surpised you did not get a late model hood with the vents to help with the heat. Are those Panasport wheels? What size?

Webbuilding101. Using Composer, make each page a seperate file. After you are done, build a list of titles for each page at the bottom of the first page and make a link for each title that points to the corresponding file. Make sure the Hyperlink just has the filename and not the disk and directory. Test linking to each page from the 1st page and after they all work, copy the list to the bottom of each page. This now allows you to jump around from page to page. You can now move all the files to the website.

Regarding the photo, try getting a copy of Paint Shop Pro from the web. Make a copy of the photo file and play around with resizing it. Start off with 8x6, then save the resized file and look at how it fits on a webpage and keep resizing it until you find a size you like. You can get it down to less than 100K and still have decent quality.

Its also a good idea to build the page with your monitor set to 800x600 resolution. If you have your monitor set to 1024x768, then it will look huge to someone viewing it with 800x600.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.