ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received word from a friend that if your transmission modulator diaphram goes bad, that it could make the intake suck ATF into it causing bluish-white smoke. Does that make sense? If so is it hard to replace a trani-modual? I am not losing any engine oil at all, but I am losing trani fluid.

Today I will be taking it to the smog shop to diagnose the engine.

Thanks.

United Z Club,L.A./LB

Sy

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Re: A mist of Bluish white-smoke II /Possible tr

Ez to change, gust remove & replace. Don't need to drain tr/f. When you pull vac. hose off you will get some fulid, but it is coming from vac. hose to int. man. not tran.

·
Registered
75 Posts

be careful when you remove valve there is a small pin which is easy to lose. meke sure it is in place when you install valve.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts

i have the same problem. i have the a shop manual that came with the car in 81.my car shifts from 1st - 2nd kind hard and the book said that along with sucking atf throught the vaccum lines causing the smoke that it can also cause a sharp shift from 1st -2nd. could all this be because of a bad diaphram? i was wondering if any of you knew this to be true.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks man,

Hey, how far do you screw the little pin in?

Sy,

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yes, I beleive it's possible because you will be losing ATF. Therefore, causing your gears to slip. Yeah, it's possible, lack of fluid.

United Z Club, L.A./LB

Sy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.