ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Z from Eric Brinkman about two months ago. He has some details of the engine setup and the SDS on his page,

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/turboz/

(Don't know if this was one of the six pages you had bookmarked greg, the cars are one and the same)
I'm heading back to Eric's place in a few weeks to pick up more parts, and also some photos he has of the entire turbo conversion. I will try to make a page with pictures of the whole process. A few more details on the car: MSD 6A ignition, 2.5 exhuast ( with a big tip :) ), very mild fender flares (not sure what kind), front air dam, American Racing 15x7 wheels. ( possibly two welded starion intercoolers - I have a second on the way and will see how easy it's would be to make a nice, 27" long I/C)

My impressions of the SDS are great. It's the EM-2 with 3 bar map sensor and knock sensor. I find the SDS very easy to work with. The guage modes are handy - it shows you air temp, water temp, manifold pressure, injector duty cycle, all at a glance. On the big drive from Memphis back to my house in Madison, IN, it got about 25 mpg (cruising in 4th at about 3250 rpm) I have no experince with a stock turbo L-28, so I can't really say how much of a difference the t3/t4 makes. Turbo lag is not bad at all, it starts to really kick in at about 3,000 rpm, and pulls hard from there. If keep the rpm's low it's a very docile, easy driving car. But as soon as you hit the gas . . . I'll post 1/4 mile and HP when I get back home from school in two weeks and get a G-tech working.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.