ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
An L20A engine!

Yes. I have two. Differs from the L24 in bore and stroke, as well as having even smaller valves. A curiosity here unless you are planning on going into G/PRO racing head-to-head with the Hondas out on Bonneville!
Either that, or using the crank for destroking an L28 to 2.5 liters for a buzzing, screaming, engine formula...

·
Registered
433 Posts
seen one in a junkyard

i really wanted the crank, just for kicks. with that small stroke you could build an awesome-revving short stroke loooong rod motor. oh well, they crushed it at the end of last summer. I hear rumors the L20A had a shorter block, true?

Al

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
No, Deck height is identical.

Everything is as identical as the L24/L26/L28. The later L20A turbo blocks even were siamesed like the L28 turbo blocks.
Now you want to make a powerful engine, imagine the thickness of the cylinder walls on an L20AET block (boost away, McDuff!). I know you could overbore with another crank and get 2300cc's, and almost 26 in another configuration.

I don't know specifically what you are looking for, but all specs are identical unless you are in need of specific valve dimensions, bore and stroke sizes, or camshaft specs, all of wich differ marginally from the original L24 engine of 1970.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Re: An L20A engine!

Tony, I have a Fairlady Z with a L20A. But the previous owner swapped the valve cover with a polished one saying "Nissan" on it. Are you interested in a swap of the valve cover if you have one that says 2000 on it?
Would you please e-mail me on that?
Thanks much, Tony!!
Enno

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
Obviously not, it's 400cc smaller

the L20A was rated at 130HP instead of the 150 HP of the L24.
The S20 was rated at 160 in street trim and carburetted, and 235 with the slide-valve mechanical EFI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.