ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
83 280zxt: I am soo slow that a geo beat me, my boost isn't working or something, my boost gauge barely moves. I can't rev past 4k in gear or out of gear, i rev slowly yet my timing is right, my car idles fine, but i have 0 performance. I think i can hear my turbo when i shut my car off, it just spins ans spins and spins. The guy i bought it off of said he bought a new turbo. I think i have multiple problems causing my car to be ungodly slow, i have New spark plugs, and distributor, my wires are good too along with cap and rotor. Any and all sugestions will be greatly appreciated. All those who i offended i guess i won't expect your reply, again i am truly sorry to those i offended.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks it's time to stop racing till you fix that.
Just let them look like jerks as they jump from the light to find out they are the only one racing.

****, my daughters Barbie Car beats Geo Metros out of the hole.

MAdeline
Hollywood, Fl

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Don't dog the GEO!

Uh yeah.. Maybe it was one of the new Supercharged stealth GEO's. I believe your ZXT may need a little TLC before tackling such a beast again. Ack

·
Registered
996 Posts
A metro eh? Ouch.
Well-let's see if we can get this thing figured out. First, do you have a manual? The factory manuals are best but a Haynes is better than nothing.
If the car won't rev past 4 grand but idles well, I'd look to fuel supply. I bought a small fuel pressure gauge and a tee fitting with hose barbs at the opposing ends. I installed the fitting inline after the fuel filter. That's how I figured out that the check valve at my fuel pump was shot (gone actually). Immediately after I'd turn off the car, the fuel pressure would drop to zero. I mention this as a means of illustrating the value of a fuel pressure gauge.
It may be a clogged filter, pinched line, bad pressure regulator, bad pump, etc. The gauge will help isolate the problem.
I'm sure others have other ideas but with a good solid idle and good spark, that's all I can think of.
Dan

·
Registered
27 Posts
check your catalytic converter on your exhaust if it has one sounds like it could be plugged up. symptoms are lack of power , unable to rev high and poor fuel economy. hope this helps.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please don't laugh, its not my fault i just got it running. I will check the cat, i have good fuel pressure, and spark. But robm and greydog are the only ones who have helped. Please my n/a 280zx can kick a 92 eclipse gs-t ass, i want this 280zxt to kick the @!#$ outa my old z.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm sorry but when you post a lead in like that, you will recieve somewhat humerous remarks. So find the manuals, fuel pressure is prime suspect, exhaust restriction and from my court check your timing advance under throttle. You will need the manual for spec and a timing light. Best guess though is probably fuel delivery.

·
Registered
250 Posts
hey 103kzx

is the car maroon with damage on the rear? also did you buy it for a guy for around 800? if so i test drove this car and it seemed to me like the tranny was shot. try shifting into first i think this helped a little. also make sure the vacume hose to the tranny is hooked up and not split anywhere. youre in the tulsa area right?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Re: hey 103kzx

A GEO METRO!

Ok, here's what you do.

1.Get your car cover, cut a couple peep holes right about where the windshield is.

2.Put the car cover on the car.

3.Go ahead and drive it.

OR

Get a hold of a real good mechanic friend, bribe him, beg if necessary. Then go back and beat the Geo to the ground. Heck go for pinks, then bury his car in the local landfill.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've had the same problem for years in my '82 turbo motor, just recently found the problem. Remove the computer (in the left kickpanel), pull the cover and re-solder the connectors on the circuit board. If you don't have access to a good soldering iron and extra flux and cleaning chemicals, find someone who does. These solder joints go bad after 20 years of being flexed by the wiring harness. Also spray tuner cleaner on the connector pins when plugging the harness back in. Good luck.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi Alan

This sounds so obvious that cold joints were found, but scary.
I never gave this a thought; I guess all other modules are at risk as well.

Madeline
Hollywood, FL

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have a barbie car metro

My metro is nicknamed "the barbie car" due to an unfortunate color with a convertible top, and it will definately get killed by my ragged out 78. You have some serious problems.

now barking into a corner is another story.

-z boy-

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: they did make turbo sprint/metros n/m

But you didnt know about the stealth did you? They were a carbon graphite 600 brake Hp version of the GEO metro. Totally invisible to radar and they had an LCD body that blended with the back ground. There are still 600 of the 95 models available at local dealers if they can find them. Yes I drove a sprint turbo and it was like a skateboard on meth. @WHeeeeeeeeeeee fun to corner because there was no spool up time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.