Discussion Starter #1
Only you can prevent forest fires.

front view...

engine..ouch!

face off..

distributor... :(

battery melted

throttle body

before anyone "flames" (pun intended) :) this happened while coasting down a mountainous canyon after it had overheated. i figured it would be fine just coasting but i suppose not since it caught on fire. a slight popping noise and a ton of smoke and the Z was no more. No one was hurt and the fire department came right away (within 5 minutes of the call). The interior was still in great shape but the front end will probably need some work. Pretty crazy stuff though.

Flame if you wish i guess.

i'm just glad everyone was okay and the mountain didn't start on fire.
i'm not parting it out. I'm selling it to a recycling place and going to save for an 88 turbo.
I already miss her :(

bye for now
joel.

Post Edited (Jul 20, 10:34am)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

That sucks!

I would be devastated if that happened to my Z.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
glad you are okay as well.

Kids, this is why we should ALL be carrying a fire extinguisher in our car...Ill get mine, eventually. heheh

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had leaky injectors a while back so I carry one all the time...

I really couldn't handle seeing my Z like that, It's bad enough seeing those pics.

·
Registered
335 Posts
at least it wasnt a turbo.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
^^^ hahahahah

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
did you make sure it was the right kind of fire extinguisher? and is it big enough?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Yup - the box and documentation stated it was intended for use in "autos."

It is a 3lb unit. They actually had a smaller one more intended for storage in a vehicle but it didn't have the nice gauge to tell you whether or not it was empty. With that storage compartment this 3lb. unit fits wonderfully and reads fully charged.

The rating on the side is 10-B:C. I believe the 10 denotes the size/capacity and it is approved for "B" and "C" class uses. The smaller unit was a 5-B:C.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.