ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i decided to finally paint my trim, as they were WAY worn and showing metal pretty much the whole length of the trim. used duplicolor spray on truck bedliner. looks GREAT!

in fact, it looked so good to me, i decided to paint my cowls with it also. since mine were toast i figured i'd see how long this stuff would last and if it doesnt last very long i'll just get new ones eventually. so far though it looks fantastic! it kind of creates a "single piece" look with the trim since it's all the same texture.

then onto my steering wheel... after i heard david (z1zonly) tell me his steering wheel made a noticable improvement on steering control, i decided to go with aftermarket instead of re-wrapping my old one. still might wrap it and keep it around just in case.

and last but DEFINATELY not least. pics of my SpecialtyZ (LaBree) cat-back on the car. (couldnt get pics of the new cat-pipes yet)

ENJOY!!!!
and lemme know wacha think about everything, i like other people's input. =)

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
wish they made all cars steering wheels like that. Be nice if th made that model wheel with the ABS. Makes it a lot easier to get in/out of the car too.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
LOVE the exhaust, very nice. I'm also doing trim painting as well. So far i've done the rear wiper in GM318grey to match the original cowls/sidemirrors. I've done the trim going around the hatch along the window too. Took a while to mask everything off. Now i gotta do front cowls, door trim, window trim too. Can't decide on bedliner spray, or wrinkle paint (already have wrinkle paint). Also, can you tell me what kind of sub that was from Subway?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the compliments fellas =)
nissan300zxz32- i went with the bed liner paint cuz it's kind of rubbery like the OEM strips are. and i totally hear ya about the masking, it takes forever!! oh and that was a foot long turkey bacon ranch toasted on italian herb & cheese bread... yummmmmm

and actually that wheel was super cheap. i looked at a ton of wheel companies pages and then checked ebay (just in case!!) and found that one on ebay. the quality isnt TOP NOTCH but i'm pleased with it. it was the only completely black wheel i could find on ebay and was like 30 bucks shipped. (as opposed to 150 from most other companies)

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Very nice -- last suggested improvement. Paint the rear white tow hooks flat black. Did 'em on my white 2+2 a while back -- cleaned things up.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Everything done very professionally, and the result is excellent. The car looks fine, and probably sounds mean and aggressive.

Tyler, did you install the La Bree system yourself? Or, did you order it, then have a local shop install it for you? If the latter, what was their charge?

Actually, my minor suggestion would be to respray those tow hooks in gloss black. Personal choice, like so many other features on our cars.

I had to wipe off the monitor screen......I'm afraid I drooled all over the SUNSHINE I saw there. None here. Seattle in February!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
again thanks everyone!
I'll look into painting those tow hooks, not sure what i wanna paint them with though... anybody have pics of this done?? (preferably not on a black car) =)

mickie - for pretty much any aftermarket wheel you need a hub adapter. ebay price = 20 bucks for adapter + 30 for wheel. momo price = 60-70 for adapter + 100-150 for wheel. where to draw the line??.... hmm....

everettdave - i installed new cat-pipes (cats welded into some test pipes by a local hot rod shop) and the labree myself. exhaust is really easy to do as long as ur not afraid of laying under the car for extended periods of time =) took me about 2 hours to do the exhaust, and that included a couple "beer breaks" and yeah, the sun is nice... but it's been very off and on here. i'm waiting for a good couple days of sunshine so i can take the tops off! it's been awhile...

oh and one more thing, DANG this car sounds mean w/the new exhaust!!!! vid. clips soon to come! stay tuned...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mr. Zpitfire_21 !
could tell me more about the paint?
what kind of....and what is the exact name?
i'm gonna do that as well asap.
thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
shiznittle bam, shnip shnap shnizzle!!!!

paint = duplicolor truck bed coating (in a blue can)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Love the look of your car. I'm sure that exhaust sounds as good as it looks. I sprayed my trim pieces about 2 months ago with the bedliner paint and it's holding up very nicely.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I also did the same thing with the window trim! I opted to remove them and it was a pain in the arse! I almost broke one as it got a little bent but I straigtened it out fine and it is good to go. The Bed liner works great! Installed them and it looks great. I did think about masking off, was it hard? I need to do my cowles next but noticed mine are cracked so I ordered a new set to install. I hear it is a pain to remove old ones. Great work btw. Hey did you paint the door trim too?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.