1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for the folowin information pertaining to a 1978 280z:

1)where to get fusable link covers
2)how i can fix this: the car decels very slugish when i downshift
3)if i should rebuild the altinator or buy a new one (if i needa but a new one where i could get a cheep price

any information would be great
thanks
greg

·
Registered
492 Posts
1 i'd get the covers from any junk yard (i think a bunch of nissans have the same covers just like the z's)
2...dunno(could be a bunch of stuff) sounds like your timing is off (check the vac cannister hoses and the rest of 'em too)....of course if you let off the gas & down shift it supposed to drag you down (a lot)
3 buy a rebuilt alternator (by the time you get the kit in, ....a bearing ,or stator,or armature will prbly go out "if it aint out already" and the kit dont fix that).....s

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Fusible link covers can be found in the Motorsport Auto (MSA) catalog on page 94 for $3.30 each.....telephone# 1-800-633-6331. As far as the alternator, you will probably have more $ into having your current unit rebuilt than to buy a rebuilt outfit with a lifetime warranty. On page 93 of the same catalog, a rebuilt alt. costs $79.95.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If by sluggish deceleration you mean that the engine keeps a high rev for a few seconds when you depress the clutch, its probably the normal operation of the Boost Controlled Deceleration Device. Its there for emissions control purposes. I've unhooked it before and the car worked just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.