ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 84, 300zx. I have enrolled into automechanic school, I love to tinker with cars. Major problem is a/c, took it in an had freon added, it blew for a while, but now nothing. a guy is tryin to tell me i need a new vaccum, in the parts manual there is no vaccum blower for the 1984 model. can i convert this old a/c unit with the new kit from the pep boys and or walmart just to get the a/c running.

thanks so much for your help, new at this, trying to restore a little at a time while in school.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they tell me my vacum is bad and needs replaced? the a/c blows out hot air when it blows now, worked for short time when freon was added. I am in Puerto Rico now,(military station) hard to find someone to pinpoint how to get my a/c working again. the flow of air does not increase on high or low, just constant.

PLEASE HELP, its getting real hot here and I need my a/c

Thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
Go buy about 20-30 feet of the right sized vac hoses and start replacing them one at a time. Usually they split on the ends...if you cut them back...they will usually just split again.

Also check the vac tube routing using a reliable source?

If this doesn't do it...pull the heat/cooling controls...check the elect connxs and any vac lines you can get to under the dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.