ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, Would you be willing to remove your A/C in favor of the ability to use any turbo size/flange you want, plus external waste gate? Please answer YES, or NO. I will put you up to speed after I see the results. Thanks for playing. Z-ya

Post Edited (Jun 25, 1:29pm)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Re: A/C POLL Please respond

Me - Yes, The Wife - NO. Seriously though - I have to agree with Mister_T.

If it is a daily driver - no. If it is a weekend warrior - yes.

I've always thought it was a tricky situation because my z31 gets the most road time in the summer.

On the ther side of the card, driving in a z31 isn't too bad with the windows down and t-tops off.

88hybrid - in your case, I would say DO IT. You are really going places with your 88 and if I remember correctly you have another car(s) and a garage to get you through the truly scorching days of summer.

Good luck whichever route you take!

·
Registered
517 Posts

Definately NOT. And don't think for a minute that a T-bar roof can substitute for air conditioning. If you have some place important to go and you're wearing nice clothes, you don't arrive there all hot and sweaty. The car's resale value will be less too because most people want A.C.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

qaanaaq-liaqq - you are right, there is no true substitute for A/C.

I drive my 85z to work and back twice a day in nice clothes which are not "summer friendly." Air conditioning has been a bit flaky due to a vacuum leak I am troubleshooting and in the times I didn't use it on the hotter days I got to work pretty miserable and red.

·
Registered
875 Posts
NO way AC stays !! to be there when needed.

·
Registered
662 Posts
HaHa,

I 2nd th2thmansZ...
But I dont have much use for A/C here in London...
My Z never had it anyway!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Us OLD pu$$ies have to stay cooler than you younger kids.

·
Registered
95 Posts
No, and im in central texas lets see 100 plus temp, i took it all out the day after i bought it. t tops are all u need.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Haha, its sorta funny, since all the people that live in Texas are just fine with t-tops, seriously, I would probably do that, since my AC doesn't even work, and I am far to lazy/busy/broke to fix it. The only time I start regretting not having AC is when the car has been sitting in the heat, or I'm stopped at a light

Just where in central Texas do you live Farva? me, I live in Buda, 'bout 15 mins south of Austin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.