·
Registered
2,621 Posts
stock system for 1982 280zx a/c

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS THREAD lol
It's funny how some folks will just make weird posts that sometimes don't make sense, and then they won't respond to the folks who have responded to their post. This seems to occur more frequently here. Scams and Trolls perhaps :unsure:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive lighting

I will admit that I have no idea how the 280ZX HVAC system is configured or its components so I am including this as just a starting point in your search. I am doing a ground-up resto-mod of my '72 240Z and I have decided on this Vintage Air Gen II Mini system for it. I do not want to have to be dealing with the need to have to find anymore outrageously priced parts at some future point than I absolutely have to. Besides the fact that using this gives me complete access to the passenger firewall area (the evaporator is completely contained in the unit) which I am using to fit my completely redesigned electrical distribution panel. I have also decided to use their electronic control module rather than the original lever system which might be able to be made to work with their slider controls. In my case it has required me to redesign the center ventilation panel to accommodate their control module, a new vent and a couple of holes for additional gauges. When it gets back from the designer shortly I'll post a picture. I'm also having him provide a totally blank panel as well as one with the radio cutout intact. This will maintain the original look and fit that a flat blank panel just cannot provide. I will get a 3D test print made to verify the resulting fit and then I will get the final CNC'd in aluminum so I can get it powder coated to match the Skillard aluminum center console I have purchased and have been modifying. When I get the chassis back from the restorer's I will post photos as I start to rebuild the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts