ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first let me say sorry to those of you who dont like these kind of questions but, i really need to know if anybody has raced a 95-98 mustang with the 3.8 v6. my father inlaw just bought one and swears he can take me in my 76. i tried to explain that he has only 150 horse's and i have 170 (this is at he motor not the wheels) but he swears that because his is newer that i dont have a chance and he wants to wager alot of money. thanks alot and i'll split the winnings with all of you here.(he he he he)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
> first let me say sorry to those of you who
> dont like these kind of questions but, i
> really need to know if anybody has raced a
> 95-98 mustang with the 3.8 v6. my father
> inlaw just bought one and swears he can take
> me in my 76. i tried to explain that he has
> only 150 horse's and i have 170 (this is at
> he motor not the wheels) but he swears that
> because his is newer that i dont
> have a chance and he wants to wager alot of
> money. thanks alot and i'll split the
> winnings with all of you here.(he he he he)

fry that mustang's @$$!! put me down for 100$ dollars on the bet!;) (yes on the z ofcourse!)
if you loose don't even show your face back in here you are a disgrace! heheh just kidding.if you guys do race, race safely

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
The specs I have show that the 280ZX Turbo can do 0-60 in 6.8 secs a Mustang Croba can do it in 5.8 secs so Im sure that your car can beat a V6 Mustang I know my Stock car can take V6 FireBirds and Camaros

Jeff 280ZXT

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hate to say this, being a staunch Z fanatic, but there is some truth to the age thing. Your car is no spring chicken (I have a 76 too) and if it has a lot of miles on it then your not kicking 170 horses anymore. Maybe this will help. Mine has 193000 mi on it. One of my best friends has a 90 Accord. I can only beat him by about a car legnth. But then again, his car has 280000 miles on it. Oh well, if your motor is pretty new then kick his ass and take his money. Be sure to tell us the outcome!

Mike B.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Make that horse put his tail between his legs. I hate crudstangs I mean mustangs hehe. smoke it.

One thing I like doing is racing my bosses mustang boy he slow. And he keep trying me.

I can say one last thing about mustangs wimpy wimpy wimpy hehe.

·
Registered
100 Posts
JZ, I assume you are talking drag racing here, as most of you folks do. Personally I am not a big fan of drag racing, I am into road racing. The next best thing (unless you have a roll cage and all the safety gear) is take him on the bet, but find a local SCCA club or your local sports car club and do a solo event (some call this rallying). This, I'm sure you've seen, is where they set up cones in a parking lot and you're racing against the clock. Whoever has the best time can take the cash on your bet. This would certainly identify the best car and driver as it takes into account many more things than just 0-60!

Just My opinion!

rbest

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
> JZ, I assume you are talking drag racing
> here, as most of you folks do. Personally I
> am not a big fan of drag racing, I am into
> road racing. The next best thing (unless you
> have a roll cage and all the safety gear) is
> take him on the bet, but find a local SCCA
> club or your local sports car club and do a
> solo event (some call this rallying). This,
> I'm sure you've seen, is where they set up
> cones in a parking lot and you're racing
> against the clock. Whoever has the best time
> can take the cash on your bet. This would
> certainly identify the best car and driver
> as it takes into account many more things
> than just 0-60!

> Just My opinion!

> rbest

Just a note on that note.....I regularly AutoCross and am happy to say a no-driving individual showed up at an event in a Mustang Cobra and I beat him by a half a second in my '82 ZX n/a. 180 thousand on the odometer BTW. Granted I have springs and good gas struts at the time, but he has a new car and 300 ponies!!

Ken

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the support guys, the race is next saturday and the bet is four hundred, Ill let yall know the outcome. (as is we dont already know he he)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
So how are you racing? strip or on a road with lots of turns?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I can uderstand your father in-law's mind set. I have always been into American muscle cars but when I bought my 83 ZX Turbo, Wow! What a pleasant surprise. On my home page you will see my 76 Pontiac Formula with 300hp. The little Z will outrun it after the turbo lag disapears, out stop it, and out corner it. In a drag race, the turbo lag is a disadvantage, but after that, the back of your head will definitely find the headrest.
Good Luck!
Frank

> first let me say sorry to those of you who
> dont like these kind of questions but, i
> really need to know if anybody has raced a
> 95-98 mustang with the 3.8 v6. my father
> inlaw just bought one and swears he can take
> me in my 76. i tried to explain that he has
> only 150 horse's and i have 170 (this is at
> he motor not the wheels) but he swears that
> because his is newer that i dont
> have a chance and he wants to wager alot of
> money. thanks alot and i'll split the
> winnings with all of you here.(he he he he)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.