ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am wondering where you guys would recommend to buy a 93 NA Rebuilt (or somehow warrentied) engine?

I have checked Z1 and courtesy, but neither has one.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You may wan to try SGP racing, but I doubt they have one. There really is no demand for the NA engines. Usually they car is not worth the money for a rebuild or the person usually do a TT conversion. You may want to ask Coz (http://www.conceptzperformance.com) or Kyle (http://www.importpartspro.com/index.html) for advice. They may help. Let me know what you find out since I have a '94 NA.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
No disrespect intended but I would do some online research concerning ATK engines, we've installed two of them, both had bad bearings. Upon further inspection, they each had multiple sizes of main and rod bearings. Out of 5 people I know personally with ATK longblocks, only one of them is still going strong.

I would suggest looking into Import Parts Pros which is Kyle Puckett formally of SGP Racing. SGP has a good history of motor builds as well, not sure of how they are since Kyle has left there though.

Post where you are located and maybe someone can suggest a source more local to you.

Tim

Post Edited (Jan 1, 4:22pm)

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in North West NJ, and will need to replace the engine in a 93 2+0 NA (for a daily driver) within the next 3-4 months or so.

THe engine threw a rod, so I am pretty positive it needs a new one, but I am having a difficulty finding one. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told that it threw a rod from the mechanic. He said he has not opened the engine up yet (I am still waiting on a title from NJ before we are gonna start working).

He got the car in from its old owner, and has done SOME diagnostics I would assume, so I would guess he knows what hes talking about. He said that the car starts, but it makes a wicked lot of noise, so I dont know.

How would I tell the difference?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Keane, you may also want to check out "Japanese Engines" in Patterson. They don't do rebuilds, but they have JDM engines for around $800. They are listed in the phone book and have good quality products. Standard 6 month warranty and compression test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.