ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All I just got myself a 1990 NA and happen to live in a county in GA where we have no emissions, I bought the car from a guy who had taken the intake manifold off and was in the process of replacing the fuel injectors. it has 105k original miles. original paint. original injectors. fully stock. manual. pretty clean. I plan on making her more even beautiful and run possibly better than she looks. I am new to the Z cars and ready to build this one UP.
As of now I need to purchase injectors, and im seeing guys putting the Subaru 550cc injectors in? from what I understand the stock are 270cc and I was watching a guy installing them in a NA 1990. then he changed his mind and added turbos but still kept the Subaru injectors?? a turbo setup may happen in the future but I kinda want to hear the car run first... lol. so my goal is to find out what injectors I should go with and delete the ALL the emission components. then decide how far to go with the engine. thank you all for any input.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Can’t turbo the NA engines, well you can but not worth the effort unless 3-4 lbs of boost is your thing? Best course is to swap in a TT engine.

Head over to the TwinTurbo.net forum — all your questions about injectors, emissions, etc have been posted and answered there over the last 25+ years.

Sadly this forum is pretty dead...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts