ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 88 shiro is running bad. very rich and smoking, cold starts are no fun, etc. i have random lights that come on on the dash. at first they would dim or brighten when i raised engine speed, i replaced the alternator and they went away. last night the lights came back but they blink when i hit a bump or something. then the alternator stopped charging and i had to get someone to bring my blue top to limp her home. here we go... this is the 4th alternator ive put on this car. i dont understand what is killing these alternators.. ive blown 2 sets of headlight bulbs, but not a fuse or fusible link, my air fuel gauge acts very strange, it just blinks and fades in at out.. and when i use my turn signals it blinks as well... it seems like the alternators are over charging , then undercharging, or just dieing all together.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sounds like you might have a wiring harness problem have you look at the main wiring harness under the dash see if its all burnt up or anything strange like that?--Also you might have a main ground going bad it sounds like its going to be something like that! Good luck with that

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i figure that much, just tryin to narrow down its location, or see if anyone has had the problems. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.