ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is it so far. The back and front plates are being shaped and welded tonite, then the throttlebody neck, and the flange is to be installed. I am useing a ford flange so it will accept a 70mm throttlebody. The top just neds to be grinded down and shaped. What you see is the alum tubes for the bolts. After a few vac. and Pcv ports I'll be ready to finish the Wastegate/turboreloaction adapter.
I will have NO problem with flow. I it will fit under hood with motor lowered.

more pics to come......

Post Edited (Jul 20, 10:32am)

·
Registered
662 Posts
That is gonna be sweet!

·
Registered
782 Posts
looks nice but I was working on a sheet metal intake awhile back and there is no way that will clear the stock hood even if you lowered the motor 3 inches.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote: looks nice but I was working on a sheet metal intake awhile back and there is no way that will clear the stock hood even if you lowered the motor 3 inches.
Ever measure this intake in my car?

Post Edited (Jul 20, 5:00pm)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have my doubts about the flow #'s with those bolts going down the middle.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Considering the amount of air volume it has, port shapes, and the fact a cylinder is a very areodynamic shape im not losing any sleep over it. Have you ever seen the inside of the stock Plenum? You wouldnt be opening youre mouth. I have not got this far with this car having a Negitive additude about anything. ( I have many doubts to) but what exactly are your Doubts Ze X driver? I like feedback.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It would flow some good numbers..., but what is different about your car and my car that would change the way a 6inch intake would fit? im not saying yours doesnt fit im just curious to what you had to do to make it fit. It would be impossible for me to run it on my car with the factory hood cause my turbocharger is right agianst my frame and would have to beat my frame in order to lower the engine any further and plus you can only lower a turbo engine about 2 inches before the turbocharger exhaust housing hits the rack and pinion.

Post Edited (Jul 21, 11:31am)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I am, Relocating the turbo. The T-4 is going where the A/c was, along with an External Gate. The Intake is not 6 inches tall. It is 5 inches to be exact. I have lowered the motor 1.5 inches, and removed portions of the underside of the hood. The pathy intake is over 6 inches tall, and it hits on a lower spot on the hood, This intake is centred at the highest location under the highest location on the hood. Youll see when its installed. Let me worry about the fitting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.