ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was thinking the other day i was looking at the Z32s and noticed that they have twin air intakes. You think you could pull that off obviously they dont make em for our car, but like u could use one from a Z32 and cut it and put them on top of eachother instead of in a Y shape. I was just wondering since you are the most amazing fabricator ever. Since i also think u have room for it like between the intercooler and all the pulley/belts.

the shape would be like this.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30058632/Images/9398GrandTwin.jpg

i duno just wondering U r the only person that i think could pull it off i just duno if u got enough room. It would add more, as if u need it, power.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Why would you do that?

The reason they have 2 intakes is because they feed 2 seperate turbos.

Why would it add more power?

Are you talking about the intake manifold, or just the air filters?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umm do the jeep cherokee engine which this is applicable to as well have 2 intakes to feed its seperate turbos?? DIdnt think so. MORE COLDER AIR.
like off the turbo piping at the end, like where an air intake is mounted. But instead of one make it 2.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
ARGHGHGHGH!!! You are soo stupid. Please stop posting crap you don't know anything about!!!!

More colder air? I didn't know the air filter was a restriction on the Z31??
Also did you know that your Intake manifold and TB are heated with engine coolant?

And I'm sorry 88Hybrid, I admire your work and realize that you know much more than me, but johnndrew24, this statement ="I was just wondering since you are the most amazing fabricator ever" does not apply.

Please explain to me how running 2 air filters would give you more power than one?

·
Registered
154 Posts
he just may want to look cool, i dont get it eather but 2 looks cooler than one, it dosnt matter how many intakes it has(johndrew24)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
twice as much air? thats what i am saying would it not be more air? 2 filters instead of one that just seems to make sense to me.

·
Registered
304 Posts
its doesnt matter how many filters you have, heck you could have 70 millions, but if you dont change the size of the pipe they are feeding then you are waits your time.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I can see it, but, as that may be more benificial with a NA car, a turbo will not benifit from it that much. It really does not matter (that much)what the ambeint temp going into the turbo is, because the when the air goes thru the compressor, it gets superheated anyway. The intercooler cools it back down. What is most inportant is HOW restrictive the air feed is to the compressor. The smaller ductwork, and both the filters on the twin inlet system could prove to be more restrictive than a just a simple high performance air filter. My turbo is no longer behind the engine mount, and I will never have that restriction agian. I dont think what you said was dumb, it was just an idea. sometimes a good idea, isnt such a good idea once you try to put it to work. But that is how you fabricate, try differant ideas, untill one fits, and works well, then you got it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
haha... MORE COLDER AIR!?!?! anyways...if you were to venture off with this idea..youd notice..youd need a new intake plenum to supply an attachment for seperate pipes..or if you were to squeeze them down into one pipe on the stock plenum then you have to find a location for the other filter and piping...this would be much less of a benifit than you think...**** ricer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.