ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem only when I first start the car for the day. It's not really bad but I don't want it to get any worse. When I first start it up for the day it kind of acts strange it take a couple of seconds of cranking to start it up and when it does start it runs hard for a minute, but after it gets even a little warm it runs prefectly also at an idle the engine kind jumps only a little bit though you can barley tell you have to be looking for it to feel it! Has anyone had a problem like this what do you think it is??

·
Registered
373 Posts
two things to check timing and have you done a tuneup lately?
Also( now correct me if I'm wrong guys I'm not exactly ure about these cars yet.) It just might be a bad fuel pressure regulator.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, where is the fuel pressure regulator on this car?
I'm not 100% sure where it is?

·
Registered
262 Posts
It could be that you have a bad starter from the PO or you not taking it out during oil changes or and the hard running for a minute or two could be the high idle warming up the engine.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The enrichment is not working correctly on startup. The CHTS controls that. It is located behind the timing belt cover on the front of the drivers side head. Replace that sensor, and replace connector. But before you do any of these, run a self diagnostic, and see what the car tells you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like you are having a problem with your CHTS (Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor). It is on the right side of the engine as you are looking at it. There is a wire that runs up to the left front side of your engine. Possiblity that the CHTS took a dump (common happening).

If you haven't changed your timing belt in a while, it would be a good time to do it at the same time you replace the CHTS.

Average time to change out for the average shadetree mechanic, 2-3 hours including changing the t-belt.

Honestly, I would also change out the water pump and the t-stat too while you are at it.

List of items that you will need:

T-belt
T-stat
Idler pulley
water pump
CHTS and pigtail connector

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not sure about this part but correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Turbo the only one with the CHTS (Cylinder Head Temp Sensor)???

Please correct me if I'm wrong I just dont want to get all the way down to the timing belt and there not be a CHTS there??

·
Registered
373 Posts
Listen to 1sikZ hes telling you the truth there is one in all Zs I got an 84 N/A and mine had one replaced it when I done heads and timing belt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.