ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone would anyone know the 0-60 times on a 88 shiro im guessing its the same as a 87-89 turbo i did a general search and have found info on the 87-89 turbo but no reports on the shiro at all......can anyone help me here on this im just curious and so far my search turned up nothing.

john

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm ok whats the difference between the t3 and the t 25....more boost?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
T3 is larger and becuase of that has a little more turbo lag, basicly it takes longer to spool up. The T25 is smaller but spools up quicker so it has less turbo lag. I believe that bigger turbos can produce more power but thats beyond my knowledge. I honestly haven't read anything in the last 5 years that suggested that in stock form or even in midly modded form that either turbo has much of an advantage over the other. Then again I could be wrong as I'm not too skilled in turbo stuff.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
T-3 = bigger turbo
T-25 = smaller turbo.

Smaller turbo leads to less lag, but you can push a T-3 to higher psi before maxing it out, and thus will give you more power with supporting mods.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmmm ok thanks again guys thats alot of help im new at this 84-89 z car i really appriciate it.

john

·
Registered
297 Posts
i think the diff. is between 6.7 psi and 4.5 psi...iirc

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i take it the t3 is 6.7 and the t 25 is 4.5

·
Registered
169 Posts
No ones knows for sure the stock amount of boost for the T25. I hit just a hair over 5.5 psi on the dyno, according to the dyno, not the car, with my 88T. The only mods were a Team Green air filter and a 3" crush bent exhaust. I doubt these mods added a lb of boost. Most people, I assume, pick 4-5 psi because that's what most people seem to get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.