Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up 88hybrid, and everyone :)
ok just got done uploading pix of the analog cluster, you asked few days ago but they weren't up there yet.

click below on my profile or just click on this link and it will take you to that folder, there are lots of pictures so you can scroll down, they are the last 20 pictures of the 77

<http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&uid=1353268&gid=6354486&>

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't take too much credit, I cheated and stole lot of good info from Az-Bum's site :) hehehe

yes that sh*t is heavy but not heavy enough to make a difference in performance, at least I don't think so!!
yes it was a lot of **** work

basically:
analog cluster and other parts $250
Fuel sending unit $100
20 hours of freaking work say $50 :)
five nice size cuts on my hand $2 in band-aids

seeing NEEDELS in front of me PRICELESSSSSSS

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
WOW!! You are really coming along on that thing! You are going to have one nice Z car when you are done. I give you props. (applauding) Ill tell you what , you just made me dread the heater core replacment, Looks like fun. Anyway keep going on that thing, keep us posted. Im working on getting the cash together for the framework, and the cage.. and the hood needs painted... and clutch... **** HOTRODS. allways need something. Z-ya.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
i have to say after living with the digital guage cluseter for 3 years in my 86T its refreshing to go back to analog with my SS. the Digital guage was only cool for when people got in and saw all the computerized controls in the car. I enjoyed the reactions. now its all about serious performance with the SS :)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm with ya, that digi dash is a little to "foo foo" for me :)

hey sportdriverGT, I got long ways to go man, I'm not done yet :)
I have an 85 turbo motor that I'm about to tare into it, when I have 400 hp rear wheel horses I'll be just a bit happier :)
and the interior is not quite done yet, I still have to work on the center gauges(can't tell you what I'm using yet) and the pillar, but I'm waiting for the other motor to be done then I'll hook everything up.

the only thing I'm looking for now is a cool(cheap) steering wheel.
any idea's???

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
questions. whyd you replace the heater core? was yours malfunctioning? and two, what size vacuum line did you use? you dont say it on your write up.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I replaced the heater core because the dam dash was out already, it was working fine, however I had Vac leaks under the dash, I was able to hear it before loud and clear, now, no leaks what so ever.
I don't know what size lines, I went to Auto zone and basically took a piece with me and they matched it, the smaller kind they have, thats the size.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
and howd you keep track of where all the pieces/screws went/ I start panicking when I take out my screws and forget where they go. haha. my memory isnt so good.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
God bless whoever invented the digital camera :)
trust me, I took about a 100 pix, having said that I didn't really look at all the pix I took, my only advice to you is this, buy all the parts that you need and the parts that you might not even need(you can always return them) and do it in one or two days, that way you'll still remember, I want to say the time it took since I started the dash BS project and finished was probably 3 months, I don't have a lot of time so I work on the car here and there, the car is in the garage and I don't drive it in winter, so when I went to put it back together I couldn't remember where some things went but the pix helped for sure. thats why I tried to take all the pix I can and write down part numbers and prices.
it's really not bad job if you're just doing the analog swap, the heater core was a bit pain in the a$$ but if I did it trust you'll be able to do it too.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one more thing just so you feel better, you will end up with some extra screws !!! don't ask why it happens to EVERYONE :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.