ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something is wrong with my headlights. they keep turning when i turn them on sometimes they dont turn on and the lights signal on the dash lights up. The only way to get them to turn on is to click on the brights, but that doesnt always work either, and it takes a few tries to get them both on. Any idea how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Good article and pics on switch removal, but as it states at the bottom it is only TEMPorary. I agree removing the wheel is no big deal, but why do it once a year? But a new switch and put the problem behind you. I once tried to sand around on my switch and one night it left me cruising around with no lights at all!

Get a new OEM switch not a junkyard one. Be aware that the switch is No Longer Available for the 1988 model and that may be the case for the '87 as well. However, the headlight switch for the '85 is still available and while it does not look identical (internally) it will work for the later models.

So, buy a new switch for an '85 and go to a junkyard and snip the switch wiring from....you guessed it an '85. Wires match color for color and even though the turn indicator reset lever looks different, it still works properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.