ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new toy (looked for 2 yrs) to replace my 84 z ,found a 87 turbo with 38000 original miles - paid the moon but its all original - kinda scary really - any suggestions for exaust mods and intake ?? I do not want to make it much louder than it is , and any other suggestions would be appreciated THANKS -

·
Registered
632 Posts
i say keep it original for a while. its hard to find a car with that low of miles in good shape, especially a turbo. but do whatever YOU want to do. this is just my .02

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yeah personally id keep it all original, and buy a cheap turbo Z31 to be your toy. But if you really want to modify this one then I suggest a high flow cat with no bigger then 2.5 piping and any straight through muffler that fits your taste.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2nd.

·
Registered
918 Posts
LOL .. I did include the "j/k" ...

As I mentioned .. my Z has just over 96,000 miles on it .. of which I take responsibility for 99% of it! The 1% .. I credit .. some of the mileage put on by the dealership prior to when I purchased it (I purchased my 84z31T off the dealership lot in Jan 1984) .. and mileage put on by various mechanics during "test runs".

I was just play'n with the "word" .. original ..

Ya know .. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) vs Aftermarket ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.