Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...for my 87 Turbo.

Car is totally stock (except K&N intake) and runs very well.

I'm interested in changing the exhaust system:

- is it worth changing only from the cat back? (will this make a significant difference in performance?)
- can I remove the cat completely?
- any other suggestion?

I'm also interested in increasing the turbo boost and am looking for suggestions for:

- recommended makes
- is this something I can do without extensive maechanical experience or special tools?
- how far should I go with increasing the boost?
- what else would I need to change? Boost guage?

Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
- is it worth changing only from the cat back? (will this make a significant difference in performance?)

yes

- can I remove the cat completely?

if you want to violate federal EPA laws

- any other suggestion?

spend big $$ and dont skimp.

- recommended makes

t3/t4E hybrid

- is this something I can do without extensive maechanical experience or special tools?

how good are you with the tools?

- how far should I go with increasing the boost?

until it pings, then back it off a few psi

- what else would I need to change? Boost guage?

thats a given.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
most people here get a certified muffler exhaust system for their car. I honestly didnt like the looks of it so I got a HKS(which they no longer make). I think the address is www.certifiedmuffler.com

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I think thats sad. if I had the know how to do it, Id like to make a dedicated site of links and info of places that make performance and replacement parts for the Z31. a lot of sites Ive been to seem a bit outdated. did I miss the big Z31 aftermarket rush or what? haha

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
no its a turbo.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
"I think thats sad. if I had the know how to do it, Id like to make a dedicated site of links and info of places that make performance and replacement parts for the Z31. a lot of sites Ive been to seem a bit outdated. did I miss the big Z31 aftermarket rush or what? haha"

the 84 just turned 22.. so yeah.. 1) most people consider the z31 the ******* child z, 2) most people have no interest in a 20+ year old GT coupe 3) have you ever tried to arrange a group buy for something over 100$? its near impossible. there is almost NO demand for parts for z31s.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
you know the Ford Probe is having the same problem as well, seems I cant pick a winning car to own. lol

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
hey sportdriverGT
I didn't forget about your pix, it's been raining for few days and he won't let it out of the garage, so soon I will get'em

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
right on...dont forget the dyno slip!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.