ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I've had this '87 z31 auto n/a for a few months... Picked it up for 750 bucks non running as a project. Gone through a full fuel tank restoration job, new hoses, spark plugs, etc. And it's about ready to run.
I've decided to put in a new stereo from crutchfield with aux and various other luxuries the previous system didn't have. The previous owners put in some early 2000s head unit in (and did a poor job of it) with a power antenna wire - so the motor would extend the antenna whenever the radio was in 'tuning' mode. This new axxera axd530 unit doesn't have a wire available for a power antenna, and I'd really like to be able to extend/retract the power antenna (mainly for cosmetic reasons lol) - is there any way I could hook it up so that the antenna will at least extend with the stereo power on? Any feedback is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
IMG_20200214_211218434.jpg
IMG_20200214_211140479.jpg

IMG_20200214_211234399.jpg

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
If I read the online manual for ADX330 correctly, it appears the power antenna is fed by a dark blue wire. You have a loose blue wire. The green/black in your hand is assumed to be an OEM wire (?) because it has red dots on it. http://www.axxera.dualav.com/downloads/manuals/axd330.pdf If correct, the blue wire would go to the antenna timer, which seems to mean splicing the green/black from the existing radio to the dark blue wire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't even occur to me, thank you very much.
Got the antenna motor in and it works fine- but the toothed strip must have broken inside of the housing. Gonna have to get a new mast for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts