ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I like the color. can you tell the code? its located on the identification plate under the hood, driver's side of the engine bay... it will say something like "color/trim code - 656 C" for example. I'm just curious...

has the timing belt been changed? is the 'sensor' light illuminating when the engine is running? has the CHTS been changed? are there any fault codes on the ECU?

you should list a price and location, that will give folks a bit more info and you may get more replies that way.

Bon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Color code is 726
Timing belt was done last year....I work at a car dealer.....just making sure everything is up to date
Yes sensor light is on. ...CHTS.?
Angola Indiana $ 8500

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Color code is 726
Timing belt was done last year....I work at a car dealer.....just making sure everything is up to date
Yes sensor light is on. ...CHTS.?
Angola Indiana $ 8500

I replaced the CHTS (cylinder head temperature switch) because my car's ECU put out a fault code for that component not working correctly, and also I thought it would help fix the issue of running rich.

they designed the SENSOR light in a weird way. it illuminates after 60 thousand miles, then again after another set of miles, then the way to turn it off is to find the switch under the dash and reset it.... that's what I did on my 87. after that it won't illuminate again, or something like that (I have to read up on the operation sometime)

Bon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts