ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got a minor problem with my Z. As you can tell by the thread title, the antenna will rise when the radio (which is stock) is turned on, but it will not descend when the knob is pressed and the radio turns off. I mean, I guess it’s possible that is how it was from the factory buuut, I wouldn’t think so. Any help on the subject would be much appreciated! Thanks guys. -Retro

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you hear the motor run when it is suppose to go down but it doesn't go down, the motor is fine. There is a plastic inside shaft that pushes the antenna back up and that inside plastic shaft is probably broken. Being broken would allow the antenna to go up but not down. Go to thezstore.com and but another antenna. In my case bought a black one that looks better than the chrome one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you hear the motor run when it is suppose to go down but it doesn't go down, the motor is fine. There is a plastic inside shaft that pushes the antenna back up and that inside plastic shaft is probably broken. Being broken would allow the antenna to go up but not down. Go to thezstore.com and but another antenna. In my case bought a black one that looks better than the chrome one.
Gotcha, thanks for the info, but in my case the motor does nothing when the radio is turned off, no noises are made or anything. Then when I turn the radio back on, while the antenna is up, it clicks twice then the radio continues to play and the antenna functions normally. Not sure but my guess was the wire that sends the signal for the antenna to descend is damaged or disconnected in some way. Thanks for the help! -Retro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts