ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving the car all day like normal and when i had parked and left it for no more than 20 minutes. When i got back in it, it wouldn’t start. It cranks but there seems to be no power to any gauges lights anything. Normally you can hear the fuel pump activating and such but now when you turn the key theres nothing.

The previous owner installed a janky push to start system that I’ve traced to two wires, one running to the battery and one running to what looks like a stripped connector that two other wires are kind of jerry rigged into. The car does not start by turning the key anymore, all the key does is turn on all the power.

I’ve tested the fusable links, fuses, and battery. All seem well and in order. I tried jumping the inhibitor relay in case it was a security issue but without knkwing exactly what pins 6 and 7 were i gave it my best shot and it didn’t get me anywhere. I drive this thing everyday and have never had a problem outside of the car sometimes needing the battery terminals adjusted to start but that was fixed soon before the car died out.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You have an unknown mess, but I think you're right that the wiring mod has screwed up the car. If you can't get it started, it's time to remove the modified wiring and return the wiring harness to stock. It sounds like you're going to have to trace the wires and remove the bad stuff anyway, just to get it running. Sounds like something in the screwed-up mod came loose.

Never leave someone else's junk in place; 99 chances out of 100 it's done wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts