ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want 16 inch wheels on my 85 ZX turbo but as most of you are aware the offerings are basically non-existant (if you know fo some options plet me know please). So I was considering adding wheels off a 86 turbo but wasn't sure if they will fit.

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is an issue with offset (as well as other factors) when fitting wheels. FOr example Mustang Cobra wheels will fit a 87-89 ZX but not a 84-86 ZX. Also, unless I know the offset of these wheels, knowing hte bolt pattern is only a small fraction of the equation.

Thanks for the link though - I can make some calls

Bob

·
Registered
281 Posts
Find your self a used set of 350z Wheels (17's) and get a small spacer for the front wheels. That's ALL you'll need to make them fit (well maybe some new lug nuits).

I went with 225 45 17's in front and 245 45 17's in the rear. The rear tires and wheels fit with no problem. (The offset's on the 350z wheels are almost identical to the stock wheels on the 84-85 300zx. For the record I have an 84 300zxT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds great - what size spacer adn where did you get it?

Of course if that is the case, shouldn't any rim that will fit a 350Z also fit my ZX under the same conditions you describe?

Bob

Post Edited (Oct 4, 9:06am)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.