ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this 86' turbo and see'in as im having trouble with cops and smog in cali, Do you guys know of anybody putting this motor/trans combo in an older 240z body? This way I can avoid the bs smog laws all together and keep my sweet turbo motor. If so, what all is required and where could I find the mounts.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Ya you have to make motormounts, tranny mount and cut and mod a driveshaft. Otherwise its a stright forward project! Ha, ha lots of work but a nice fit. Hope you know how to weld.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Theres a little more to it than that....the steering column needs to be altered to make room for the turbo as does the frame rail on that same side.Do a search on "ZR8ED"... hes done this swap and has some info.I have a vg30et motor too and had been planning this swap but seeing what was involved I decided to build an L28et and be happy.I'm a metal fabricator and could easily handle the mods but it didnt seem worth the effort.Check over at Hybrid for ZR8ED.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
i've seen in a 240 at motorsport back in 99 it was pretty sweet.best one yet is greg dupree's z32 twin turbo swap in a 77 280.talk about awwwwwwwzzzzzummmm around five hundred horse power with nitrous.there was a clip of the car running down the street but it was posted a long time ago.i have the l28 turbo swap easier to do and pretty much a direct bolt on.good luck either way.

mike

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha, If you think its going to cost me 11k then you're out of your mind. If it took 11k to build that black Z, then im sure I can do the swap at probly around 500 bucks. I'll fabricate, rig, and use parts from anywhere to get her to run. I'm an All Go, No Show kinda Z builder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.