ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I just bought a 1986 300 zx and this thing has major problem "i think" Ok It has a swaped engine from a non turbo to a tubo but that is the only thing, I mean all the wiring harnesess all that stuff with pcm, ecu, and all that bull.. is it still non turbo, so i cant run turbo on it until i get the harneses and the pcm? and then the pistons now are low compression just becouse when he swapt the engine he didn't do sh*t to it bisides putting new heads an the new crank all that crap I went to dealership and they wan't to sell me the wiring harnesses and the PCM for 1,200 and you know that the dealerships like to tell people they need things they dont. What would you suggest doing to the car other than junking it. Thank you for your promt response,
Henry

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Um, what? lol

From what I can understand, the car is a non turbo 86, but the previous owner swapped in a turbo block, but it seems the turbo isn't on the car (hence the reason the low compression dished pistons seem to be pissing you off).

If that is the case, turbo block but no turbo...then just go to redz31.com and check out his instructions for non-turbo to turbo swapping. Just get a used turbo ECU and plug it in, then put the larger turbo injectors in, then pull the motor out and put the turbo on it. I don't think you need much of anything else, other than a few parts you can get off of guys parting their Zs out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.