ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the z31 community but purchased my dream car for 300$. As such I got what I paid for, the previous owner screwed with the wiring beyond belief. The head unit for the stereo is long gone. With it was ripped out the end connectors, and as such I have a huge mess of multi colored wires in a tangle.
Anyway, I’m trying to replace it but nothing I read online matches the colors of the wires I’m seeing. If anyone has reliable info on which colored wire does what, I’d really appreciate it. If anyone has a picture of what it’s even suppose to look like, I’m not even sure if the fray of wires I have is even OEM.

·
Registered
43 Posts
First of all you need to update your profile.
Now what you have isn't difficult to figure out. For a head unit to work you need a positive (ignition switched)and a ground lead plus two each for the four speakers, each has a positive lead and a ground that connect to the head unit. You can use a volt/ohm meter to discover which leads are which. You can go here to find the factory service manual to double check the wiring color coding but from what you say I don't know if I would trust that.
http://www.xenonzcar.com/z31/z31fsm.php

1 - 2 of 2 Posts