ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an '85 Turbo this am at a tow auction. Body and interior are pretty rough. Auto tranny. Is the engine in this puppy worth saving. Can I swap it into an 84-89 non turbo? Will it be ok with an na 5 speed tranny?

I've done a trubo swap on my '78, but am completely ignorant of the later model Zs.

Thanks Z-guys

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Yea, you can swap it into a non turbo car with minimal problems. However w/o knowing the condition of the engine, you'd probably be better off buying one from a junkyard that someone can compression test for you, or give you a warranty of some sort. And yes it'll be find with th NA tranny, they're known to handle 400hp with ease.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt:

I bought a 280ZX donor for $165 at a tow auction and it worked great for a donor. I'm too lazy to spend the time this am checking out the engine on this car so I'll let it go. It's in Tacoma WA and being auctioned at 11:00 am today if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
You can turbocharge your NA Z31 motor relatively easy. Get an ECU, turbo injectors, x-member, exhaust manifold, turbo, and a few other odds and end pieces and you can turbocharge your motor.

<http://www.redz31.com>

That's all the info you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.