ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is buying a 85 300zx turbo with 99,000 miles. The digital climate control does not work and heat feels like it is coming from the defrost when I test drove it for him. Also the previous owner says that the A/C system was converted from R12 to R134 and the a/c does not work. He said it might need oil or something else. Asking price is 1500, is it worth buying for the mileage and maybe fix the problems or just buy clean up and re sell ? Also, did Nissan do the fuel injector recall on turbo 300zx motors ?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Sounds like a fair price if everything else in in good condition. In general a/c systems can be expensive to repair and you'll see that most of the time people just leave it alone or rip them out. I guess it depends on how much your dad really wants a/c, how much it costs to fix, and if he wants to pay that much. Now that these cars are getting old finding one with a good working a/c system is going to start getting harder and harder. As for the recall yes Nissan did so find out if the current owner did it or not. If they are unsure call a Nissan dealer and give them the vin, they can look it up to see if it's been done. If not get it doen right away as it's free.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The A/C not working could be a vacumn leak. My 84 has a vacumn leak and sometimes the vents blow warm/hot air. However at high sustained RPMs (highway/interstate driving) it doesn't seem to have the problem and the A/C blows cold. Take the car for an extended drive and see if the problem still occurs. It won't tell tell you where the leak is, but at least you will know the A/C is fine.

·
Registered
657 Posts
its probably leaking under the dash somewhere......... mines doing the same thing......... i just havent taken the time to remove the dash and replace the vac lines.

if the car has a good body its worth $1500..give him $1200 cash
!!!!!!!!!!!!!MAKE SURE THE TIMMING BELT HAS BEEN DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!timming belt should be done every 60k or sooner.....100k is only like half the life of these motors.... alot of the guys on here are way over that.... I have 142k on mine.. Ive heard of people with over 200k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.