ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 85 na is in need of a new clutch. How is Exedy, are they good clutches? Should I just go to the dealer and buy one there. What would you guys recomend? I just want a clutch that is slightly better than stock or close to stock.

Thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
88... what does a clutchmaster run?

Roger

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
In an effort to save money (wife in nursing school and not working!) I picked up the generic kit from Advanced AutoParts. It came with all of the necessary parts however and I don't have any complaints, it is working great!

I'd go with 88hybrid's suggestion though - hadn't heard that before I replaced mine!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
hey brandon:

I've got a brand new stock clutch that I recently bought because mine was slipping. I haven't installed it because I'm choosing to buy an upgrade clutch to hold more HP on my Z. Shoot me a reasonable offer and it's yours. It includes a new pressure plate, new clutch disk, and new throwout bearing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dude use a Centerforce stage II- @ 59% more clamp and will last longer. I have the exedy on my NA and the Center. stage II on my 86turbo. Both are good but the Centerforce is better (at least to Me).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.