ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys thought about this deal, as I was considering it. The high mileage is what I'm worried about though.

VEHICLE INFORMATION
> Make: Nissan
> Model: 300ZX
> Year: 1985
> Price: 1295
> Mileage: 200
> Body Style: Hatchback
> Color: Grey
> Cylinders: 6 Cylinder Gasoline
> Transmission: 4 Speed Manual with Overdrive
> Doors: Two Door
> Stereo: Compact Disc Player
> Description: Good Condition! Runs great!Cold AC,v-6 turbo charged Must
> See!

·
Registered
257 Posts
200,000 miles?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
If it's really in good shape it's a deal. The mileage isn't that big an issue on a 20 year old car, especially a well built car. Like Bum said...the auto tranny might be something to pay special attention to. Otherwise I'd say grab it at that price but always at least make an effort to negotiate a better deal.

·
Registered
724 Posts
High miles for sure and you don't know how many owners have had it, the care they afforded it or even the last time the timing belt was changed or if the service campaign was done on the injectors. Are you sure that it's miles and not kilometers? If it is miles, I'd stay clear of it even though the money isn't a whole lot. For a little bit more money, you could probably come up with a better Z, lower miles, some history to the car and feel better in the long run. And ZBUM.....I think that was a 5-speed manual with the 5th gear being overdrive. Note.....I said I think. LOL.

Special Ops Lives

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would like to see a pic of the car but I guess if it is in good condition with no hardcore rust I would go for it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I only paid $440.00 for mine with 136,000 miles on it but it does need a little work body mostly now.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the opinions. I think i can find a better deal somewhere. It just that I've been looking for a couple months for a turbo car that's fairly close to me, so when i saw this one i wanted to jump for it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol you're in my league freewill. I will post details if i buy the car. Otherwise just assume that i was smart enough to wait for a better deal. haha.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i paid $850 for my 84 turbo, and it ran like a top. as long as you make sure the water pump, timing belt, etc. are in decent shape then i'd say it's a fair price. also, i've heard that the turbos need rebuilding sometimes if the previous owner drove it hard all the time. consider who you are buying it from, if you can find that out easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.