ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pickup a fairly decent 300zxt for a pretty good price but it is located 2 hours from my home. It has been driven every so often but was not a daily driver.

1.)What should I look for when I go out to look at the car and possibly make an offer.

Mind you I am familiar with S30s' and this would be my first step in the world of 300zx's. So I am famliar with the general areas to look for rust.

2.)But what areas a specific to 300zx's that I should look in?

Should I even concern myself with a car that is located so far away. It's hard to want to make a long drive when you only spend an hour or so with a car.

3.)If I decide to buy the car what spare parts should I bring with me?

Zel

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
as far as making long trips in the car, if its been properly maintained then itll be a great long distance car. the 300ZX is a GT, or Grand Tourer. it was DESIGNED to transport relatively wealthy people (2) great distances (continents), at very high speed, in very high comfort.
earlier Z owners may snub that the Z31 was designed with this in mind, but Im **** proud to own a great GT.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How far has anyone every driven to get a car at a good deal?

I may not have voted for Bush but he is my president so untill someone new is in there I will continue to b*tch about it.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I drove 310 miles to CA to pick up my convertible and drive it home.

I flew to Kansas City and drove back 1300 miles to pick up my xB.

The thing to ask yourself is: Is it worth it?

Don't forget to include the cost of gas and lodging (if needed) in the price.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I just sold my 300ZX AE Turbo a guy and his wife that just left with it on a flat bed.

He drove from IL to CA in two days to get it. That isn't the record but that is pretty far.

I'll miss her .... but I have my '04 to start modding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.