ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt they are available but, does anybody know where I can buy a new air regulator harness for an 85 300zx without spending a fortune? All I need is the connector, or the connector with a foot or two of wire. I don't need the whole engine room harness, or whatever it is called, that it is connected to.

By reconnecting my green-rusted one (I call it green rust) after crimping the little individual metal connectors a little it has solved by 95% my rough idle problem. It was going from 700 rpm to 600 to 500 to 600 to 700, etc. Sometimes it would go to 1200 rpm (or so) and just stay there. Honestly I don't think the the connectors were actually on the air regulator posts, I think they were up against the side of the post. Anyway I need a new connector (with wire preferably).

Thank you very much in advance. I appreciate the responses.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My understanding is that the air regulator connector is the same as an injector connector which you can buy from Nissan and add your own wiring.

This is the same connector that they use on most sensing units, ie. the cylinder head temp. sensor.

Check it out with your local Nissan Parts Joint, or better yet, snip one off at your local wrecking yard and save about $15.

Could be wrong; but have the same problem.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Yeah, the air reg connector is a fairly standard design. A good auto parts shop should be able to supply one, or a hundred.
Unless the internals of the air reg are falling apart then it should not cause an erratic idle.
The lack of power to the air reg's heater coil should only make it take longer to come off fast idle from a stone cold start, assuming everything else is working correctly.
It is easy enough to remove and inspect the air reg if the hose to it is not baked solid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.