ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I haven't been on this site since I sold my second Z. :( Not only do I regret loosing BOTH z's, but now that I have my 3rd Z I'm starting to miss you guys! (Even though most of you probably don't remember me at all.)

Anyway, after a 280zx, a hybrid 240, a 5.0, and an MX-6, I've found myself back where I belong.

To the point. I need to find a rebuild kit for an '86 300zx n/a tranny. (Automatic.) OR, I need to find a used or rebuilt tranny for under $275 if possible. I have a friend that's ATRA certified who's going to rebuild the tranny if I can find a rebuild kit. Problem is, I don't know what the tranny in the 300 is called, and don't know what to look for. I've searched several Nissan parts sites, but it seems I need a part # or the name of the transmission on every site I've been to. The car is actually for my fiancee, and I can't get MY new Z until I get her's running. So, as you can imagine, I'm anxious to get it back on the road.

Anything. A link, a member's name, a phone number. If anyone here wants to sell a transmission, just e-mail me or give me a call. 912 - 481 - 9401, or 9402.

Thanks in advance,
JB

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You can find some good transmission related information here:

http://www.az-zbum.com/information.transmission.shtml

Glad you finally found your home in your roots! That's great that your fiancee also has a Z.

I recently had my daily driver (not my Z) crap out on me and for half of a second I considered purchasing a decent z31 with an automatic tranmission to replace my daily driver. It sounds silly but if there is any car that I know how to work on and know what all of the common problems are going to be at - it would be the z31.

I'm rambling now - hope the link helps!

Post Edited (Mar 14, 8:10am)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Side note: It's an '86 not an '84...I had '84 in my head because I'd just been looking at an auto tranny from a turbo '84. Would I run into a problem(s) using a auto tranny out of a turbo z31?

JB

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JATCO 4N71B 4 SPEED

4N71B, that's the right number...but...JATCO?

Is this the correct kit? I need to get something ordered!

JB

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to show you why I asked the question.

http://www.drivetrain.com/autotransoverhaulkits.html#NISSAN

Strange that they have a Nissan and a Jatco section. Looks like they'd list the part number under NIssan also. I didn't realize it would be listed under a different name. Since I didn't know who Jatco was, I had no way of knowing that they would make the correct transmission rebuild kit...as there is a Nissan section also.

Thank you all for your help though.

JB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.