ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pick up a 1984 300ZX and it had been sitting for like 5 years. I am having problems starting it so i changed out the battery, ing. coil, and I tried getting a much gas out of the tank as possable. I am changing out plugs and wires and I am having a prob getting the the last plug on the left side and the middle plug on the right side. I am useing a spark plug socket and it seems like it is to thick to fit down in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Not to butt in here but 1sikZ you don't realize that red october did own a Z31 for a very long time. Not only that but he is very knowledgable about the z31 and has been helping people on this and others z31 boards for a long time. While people can be wrong at times if red october says you don't need to remove the throttle linkage there is a good chance he is right. Maybe he'll explain more about it but you comment is kind of harsh about someone who has been on this board a long time helping people

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
What I did was used a spark plug socket taped to the end of a 5" extension. Worked like a charm since my tool kit is missing the stock spark plug tool. Just make sure you tape the socket to the extension, it's no fun fishing that crap out of where you can hardly see.

·
Registered
95 Posts
OMG I HATE THIS BS. at least once every cpl of weeks someone asks about plugs. and people always say to use the stock plug remover. WHAT THE ****. These cars are like 20 years old do yall really think that most of us still have that **** thing? Let alone the owners manual? No we have a tool set and a haynes manual. I dont mean to get so upset it just really ticks me off how some people act like that special tool is the only way to go and that u are an idiot for using a socket and extensions.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well Kentucky Fry me and pour coleslaw down my pants, I believe we have us a brawl! YEEHAW! lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bought a magnetic socket for spark plugs at AutoZone and have changed plugs in six Z31s without a problem. No tape, no problem pulling the plugs out of the hole.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Also, before changing the plugs, remove the wires and blow in there with compressed air. You don't want a bunch of crap falling in you engine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.