ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 84 300zx with a blown engine. Looking to replace it with a stock turbo engine "VG30ET" but I have noticed slight diffrences from each year. I want to do as little custom work as possible. Just somthing that will bolt right up. But, I have heard that the 84 turbos are not cooled as well as the later years because it was only oil cooled or somthing like that. So any information on the engines such as internal diffrences or any other changes through the years would help me out alot. Thanks for the help.

By the way if this has been posted before I apologize but I just spent about 2 hours trying to find the diffrences out. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
If you can get ahold of another 84T engine then there is no custom work involved, and I have not heard of any problems with the oil cooled turbos.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i was bout to say get an 85-86 t-3 turbo engine. Someone correct me but isn't the 85-89 oil cooled? only year air cooled was in 84?

·
Registered
559 Posts
sounds about right nelo..if i remember correctly :g

·
Registered
297 Posts
i think 85s were water-cooled T3's, iirc

·
Registered
958 Posts
ya. I'm pretty sure that most of them were water cooled. If you REALLY want to know check out AZ-bum's site or z31 or somewhere. I've seen that info somewhere multiple times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.