ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 83 ZXT that does not like cold mornings (or cold afternoons for that matter). When I first got it 1.5 years ago, it would start right up like all the FI cars I have ever had. Jump in, turn the key, starts right up...drives fine. My AFM started to go bad, so I replaced it with a rebuilt unit from Motorsport Auto. This fixed my Hesitation during acceleration problem but now it seems to be alittle cold blooded. When I first start it, I can usually not touch the gas and it will start. It kinda stumbles and has a real low idle (600 RPM). If I let it warm up for a few minutes than I can drive it OK , but it still stumbles pops and bucks if I don't take it real easy. Once the engine speed is above 2000-2200 RPM it runs just fine. Usually after around 2-3 blocks it warms up sufficiantly and does just fine and drives normally. I took it to the Nissan dealer (who have acually been very good to me, they really like the car) and they recommended just shotgunning the cold start system, temp sensor and cold start enrichment valve $$$$. I would like to try to do this alittle more economically. I have cleaned all the connectors on the sensor on the thermostat housing and the head temp sensor, I cleaned the connectors on the AFM also.
I love my Zr, but I have already put about all the money into it as I can afford at this time (injectors,AFM,tires and wheels,paintjob). It's not my only car but if there is no snow on the roads I do like to drive it, I also race it in the SCCA Solo2 series F Stock Autocross.
Any input you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. I would like to put my money into new race tires (G-Force R1's) not sensors and cold start valves if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Rock 83ZXT

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.