ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I have an 83ZX with a digital dash temp guage. About a week ago, it was kinda cold and rainy out. I let it idle for about 10 minutes. No lights on the temp guage. I drove out of town about 3 miles at about 60 MPH before one light on the guage lit up. At about 12 miles from home I had 2 lights lit on the guage. 3 lights at about 40 miles or so. Does this seem to be running too cold?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Have you checked your thermostat.
My ZXT seems like it was running cold, when I open the housing the thermostat was half eroded away.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Does the heater have any heat in the first 5-10min? If not then you probably just need a different heat range thermostat. These are available from Nissian in 4 different heat ranges depending in summer or winter weather. The other possibility is the gauge is wrong or the connection on the thermostat housing is corroded.
Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do get some heat but not much. The heater will not turn on for about 10 minutes of around town driving. I'll take off the radiator cap and see if water is flowing while it is cold today. I just got the car last summer and this is the first winter with the car. Who knows what the P.O. had done to it. It might have to cold of a thermostat if one at all. Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had the same problem and simply replaced the thermostat w/stock.

Used to take 8 miles to get any heat in winter (Atlanta, GA) now 1-2 miles does it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.