ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any troubleshooting hints on the Automatic Temp Control System. When I got the car, the system didn't work at all, but I traced the problem to some loose/cracked vacuum lines, but I have not been able to get the auto temp to work. My problem is that the heat is always on unless I turn the system off or move the temperature control lever to full cold.

Would greatly appreciate any help...what to check (in dash temp sensor, rheostat, etc) and how to check.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
put in the manual controls

As far as I can tell, you have gotten your system to work as well as anyone else I know of -- have cold if temp control is all the way to the left, full hot if the temp lever is anything but full left. Sorry. My best recommendation is to swap out the Auto temp system for the manual heater/ac controls that came in the DX models. I hear the parts will run you about $130 or so (used) and a weekend. If you are interested in doing this, contact Joe at [email protected]. The convertion will probably be less expensive and take less time than trying to fix the Auto temp system. I think I'm going to make the conversion myself, but this is low on my priority list.

Kordon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.