ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took apart and cleaned up the vacuum modulator (not sure what it's called) it supplies vacuum to the EGR, and some other things, it has a big line going into it from just behind the MAF, and two other smaller vacuum lines including the one for the EGR, for a total of three little and one big vacuum line. It also has two sets of wires going into it (two wires each set). My question is which set of wires goes closest to the drivers side, one plug is bigger than the other, if you take them apart you will see what I am talking about.

I took this apart because I don't have any vacuum going into the EGR, but now my car idles like @!#$ (possible vacuum leak) and I think this is the culprit. Please help me I need to get this car working and pass smog by the 21st of this month.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
950 Posts
Im trying to help but im not sure I understand your question. Did you actually take the wires out of the plugs? otherwise you cant mix up the two plugs, theyre different shapes and will only work one way. But I dont think thats what youre asking. Elaborate a little and I will try and help you....NB

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NB,
Actually you understood my question correctly. I took that whole thing apart, including both of those "actuators" I thought that maybe when I put them back on I swapped em. But after a break I went back out there with my crappy Haynes, and made sence of everything, I put the actuators back in the correct place. Aparently someone in the past scrambled all the vacuum lines, and once I straightened all that out everything runs and works perfectly. I appreciate your help though. Next time I'll make sure everything is hooked up correctly before I go tearing stuff apart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.