ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted earlier about having a fusible link problem, but the only reason the link burned was because I hooked the alternator wires up wrong. I fixed them and hooked them up right and fixed the link. The car still wont start. When I turn the key over to start it the starter wont kick in and the lights in the dash shut off. The pressure gauge goes psycho. The power windows wont go down and when i turn the blinker on the lights on the dash start blinking along with the turn signal. Please give me some more suggestions. thanks.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Get another car and hook jumper cables up to your car and try it again. That problem sounds like there is a dead cell in the battery. Jumping it will determine that one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what i was doing when all of this started to happen. The battery got drained by the car for some reason before i could put in the alternator so i had to jump it and it does all of this crazy stuff. It did it before I fixed anything too and that was the original problem i was having. I found out the alternator was shot so i replaced it i hooked it up wrong and melted a link and now i'm still back where i started. make any sense?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.