ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Opie83zxt

how come you don't like them? I have a 81 nothing has been replaced and they still don't leek or have any bad marks

Jeff 280ZXT '81

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Opie83zxt

Mine are alright as far as appearance, but I have to park facing uphill or they will leak fairly bad. if I park uphill I don't get a wet passanger seat. I thought it controlled it completely, but the two weeks ago I had to remove the pass seat to reweld the hand brake mount and found the padding under the carpet was saturated. This will be a big problem in the future. There is already small rust-through in the footwell area of both sides that needs sandblasting and rewelding. I love my car but I think I would rather just have a hard top that I could put a low maintanance sunroof in. I've only had the tops out twice in a year. Too much wind in the car. I got a convertible for that stuff.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: p.s.

I have decided to seal my tops in with black RTV. That way if I change my mind or sell it it can be removed. There actually is some leakage other than the tops though--at the rear of the door somewhere.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I cut my hair for my T-Tops=)

I love my t-tops off I had longer hair but I cut it down to 2" now it wont get messed up by the wind=)
the only problem I have with them is my cats 4 of them love them and get on them so I have to keep something on them
no one can belieave that they are stock and don't leak
I just Im just very lucky

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, it's got tops.

They don't leak, but I don't take them off that much either. In fact, I'd just as soon have a hard top for less weight and less rattles. The handle on the driver's side rattles some -- any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.