ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tired so forgive for mu run on sentences.

I just purchased a 83 turbo 5 spd that had been setting for a year, the batt. terminal connection was rotted and the geek didnt replace the bat terminal.

So I get it started and fixe the hoses with the vac. leaks put new tires on cuz the old ones were flat and when aired where all screwed up anyway

the car idles perfectly drive perfectly handle perfectly everything works except two things, it will not make boost, the wastwe gate is not stuck, there are no vacuum leaks, it just willnot make boost, Imust say the more I drive the closer the needle gets to the 0 under heavy load conditions. but alas no boost,

WHERE DO I START?

Second problem is a driver side headlight that is dim fuses are good and relay seems to be good. I tried other light bulb and still the same.

its 1:30 am been workkign on it and cleaning it all day so I am kinda tired
any help would be must needed.

Thanks

· Registered
3,692 Posts
If you've checked all vaccum lines, and the wastegate is not stuck open, pull of the intake hose to the compressor and make sure the thing is able to spin. lol

sounds like it's locked up to me.

· Registered
745 Posts
I would also get a real boost gauge so that you will know for sure exactly what you have and don't have.

The light issue is a common one for the ZX's. You will need to clean the contacts int he switch assembly. This should solve the proublem if the wireing is not bad. I ended up putting a new wiring harness for the lights in and some 90/130wt Xenon bulbs in. They are the closest thing to HID and I am really impressed with the results. I have new car lighting. I can fianally see the road again.

Cody 82 ZXT

· Registered
433 Posts
I know this is dumb but you should be able to hear the turbo make boost, it sounds live a vacum cleaner. If you hear it check you pop off valve maybe the spring is bad or it could be stuck, allthought I've never heard of it always being open its just a thought.

tbs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.